With the warmer weather now finally here, and the sounds of summer holidays are in the not so distant future, here are our top tips for securing your property over the summer:
- Always close and lock your windows when leaving your property
- Do not leave valuables on display through windows
- Keep car keys out of site
- Consider installing a visible security light or alarms to deter criminals
- If you are going on holiday, make sure your house appears occupied whilst you are away (put your lights on a timer and don’t advertise you are going away on social media)
- If you are away from your home for a long period of time, check your insurance policy to ensure you are covered
- If you have an investment property which is likely to be empty over the summer, then inspect your property regularly and ensure you check for any leaks or problems with plumbing.