Everybody enjoys a bubble bath in a luxurious hotel bathroom, and likewise property buyers love the allure of a fresh, beautiful bathroom that reminds them of a spa or luxury hotel. If you are thinking about putting your property on the market and want it to appeal to buyers, then there are three key things to consider – bathrooms, modern kitchens, and curb appeal / presentation. Depending on your type of property and the market conditions, it is often worth considering making small changes to your property so that it automatically appeals to the market.
When it comes to bathrooms, it is not just the presentation of the bathroom, but also a numbers game. In many cases, adding en-suites to a property can add considerably more value than the costs involved in doing so.
We are not saying that everyone should invest in a new modern bathroom before putting their property on the market. You don’t necessarily need to put in a new bathroom but we recommend you ensure walls are painted, light fittings work, and perhaps look at replacing tired cabinets with a more modern look. Here are some further top tips for you to help your bathroom sell your home:
- Cleanliness is a priority – make sure your bathroom is spick and span and put all cleaning products out of sight. Although necessities, nobody wants to see the dettol or toilet brushes lying out.
- Make sure surfaces are clutter free – tidy up toiletries, put products in cupboards or attractive storage boxes, and make sure towels are displayed neatly.
- Plumbing – make sure you don’t have dripping taps, showers or blocked drains – buyers are bound to turn on a tap to check!
- Colours – keep colours simple and neutral. Buyers are looking for a bathroom with a relaxing and peaceful ambience.
- Add white fluffy towels, pretty candles and fresh flowers for instant impact.