As well as being experts in the law, through our IFAs we are able to access the latest mortgage rates. Often remortgages are undertaken by the lenders themselves (or through their own solicitors). However, sometimes the lender will instruct McQueen Legal to act on their behalf. We can then also act for you.
- make arrangements to apply for any loan you may require and continually chase it up;
- let us have your ID and evidence of the source of your funds promptly;
- give us instructions on request;
- make arrangements for Property insurance and send us a copy of the schedule; and then
- sign the Standard Security and return it to us.
- obtain the Title Deeds from your existing lenders;
- examine the title if we did not buy the property for you;
- obtain searches;
- prepare a Discharge of the existing Standard Security and the necessary registration forms;
- receive a copy of the loan offer along with instructions to act for your lenders;
- prepare the Standard Security and send them to you along with a draft note of fee showing any shortfall which may require to be paid to us;
- receive the loan monies from your lenders;
- repay your existing loan;
- send the fresh Security and the Discharge to the Registers of Scotland for registration; and then
- let you have our discharged Fee Note.